Definition of turd in English:
1A lump of excrement.
- When dealing with drains and sewers, my family's turds are acceptable.
- Inmates brandishing plastic bags with turds in them are going from cell door to cell door proudly displaying their accomplishments.
- We try calling them but the turds weren't answering their 800 number!
1.1A person regarded as obnoxious or contemptible.
- The 7 year old was a right obnoxious little turd, who would interrupt our game by hanging over the gate at the end of the garden and shouting at us.
- We spent long summers visiting, spending weeks at a time with my grandparents having the extended holidays that you can only dream about, while my parents joyfully got rid of three little turds for the entire summer.
- They're both turds, but H&A has worse acting.
Old English tord, of Germanic origin.
Words that rhyme with turdabsurd, bird, Byrd, curd, engird, gird, Heard, herd, Kurd, misheard, nerd, overheard, reheard, third, undergird, undeterred, unheard, unstirred, word
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.