Definition of turkey vulture in English:
A common American vulture with black plumage and a bare red head.
- Cathartes aura, family Cathartidae
- For youngsters, there will be the opportunity to meet various birds of prey, including Simba the kestrel and George the turkey vulture.
- The turkey vulture flew over our house and landed on the neighbor's yard where it stayed for minutes fighting off two crows.
- The turkey vulture is not the only opportunist circling in the roasting sun of the Chihuahuan desert for valuable quarry.
Definition of turkey vulture in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.