- 1Be found, especially by chance, after being lost: all the missing documents had turned upMore example sentences
be found, be discovered, be located, reappear
- A large number of dodgy documents have turned up over the last month.
- As soon as it appeared on some bonus CD, it started turning up in ‘file sharing’ sites.
- And Plato does not appear to be a nickname; it turns up frequently in the period.
- 2Put in an appearance; arrive: half the guests failed to turn upMore example sentences
- It took a while for the food to arrive but we had turned up early and didn't mind sitting in the sunshine.
- You know how it is, wait for ages for something to arrive and several turn up at once.
- She failed to turn up and the judge issued the present warrant.
More definitions of turn upDefinition of turn up in:
- The British & World English dictionary