- A coupling with female screw threads used to connect two rods, lengths of boat rigging, etc., lengthwise and to regulate their length or tension.More example sentences
- The bolt connects the elevator-control-cable turnbuckles to the push rods.
- Instead of putting fittings and turnbuckles on the streamlined tie-rod, he bent it and welded it to the spar of the stabilizer.
- This exposure in part accounts for the nautical know-how of his early sculptures, which were sometimes built like boats or internally rigged with cables and turnbuckles.
More definitions of turnbuckleDefinition of turnbuckle in:
- The British & World English dictionary