- 1A rejection or refusal.More example sentences
- There have been no turndowns, to my knowledge, by anybody.
- That turndown has been now upheld by the Supreme Court.
- It was not exactly a turndown, but they wanted to refer me to a couple of other programs that I was not willing to go into.
- 2A decline in something; a downturn.More example sentences
- It is believed the value of the airline has fallen following a spate of industrial unrest, the foot-and-mouth crisis and a turndown in the US economy.
- America in recession would alter the global economic picture and risk a worldwide turndown.
- As it turns out the economy was only in a minor turndown.
adjectiveBack to top
- 1(Of a collar) turned down.More example sentences
- You can wear three basic types of shirts with a tuxedo: wing collar, turndown collar and mandarin collar.
More definitions of turndownDefinition of turndown in:
- The British & World English dictionary