- 1A person who is skilled in turning wood on a lathe.More example sentences
- To make the feet, the turner placed an offset chuck on the lathe and turned this part of the leg along a second axis.
- Alf left a job in Adelaide as a turner.
- The apprentice turners and fitters, although moved around, were kept pretty well to their trade.
Middle English: from Old French torneor, from late Latin tornator, from the verb tornare (see turn).
More definitions of turnerDefinition of turner in:
- The British & World English dictionary