- Many grotesque gargoyles with mysterious ochre stains around their mouths littered the castle's turrets and corners leering down at her.
- Christine and I came and piled a huge mound of sand for a castle, adding turrets and walls and digging a moat that filled anew with every wave that reached it.
- Then he describes a house up by the watertower, a grand and mysterious place that looks out over a gorge, and has an actual castle wall with a turret.
- The armoured turret has both laying and stabilisation drives and power supply.
- A new feature of the tank is that the fitted modular special armour covers the turret.
- We coordinated nonstandard casualty evacuation, which would be done on our tank turrets, and prepared his platoon for our arrival.
- Opportunity moved her arm into position, rotating the turret to aim the microscopic imager down toward the patch.
- Multiple-grating turrets allow two or more gratings to be mounted on a turret and rotated into position when needed.
- The toolholder disc for the turrets can handle 12 tools.
- Example sentences
- Offers of over £2.5m are being asked for the turreted 15th century former fortress standing in 90 acres of beautiful surroundings beside the river Girvan at Kirkmichael, Ayrshire.
- If you like fishing or hunting, the chances are that you already know about East Haugh House, a turreted 17 th-century property set in two-acre gardens close to the River Tummel.
- The architecture is Tudor style, complete with turreted parapets, fortified towers, arches and battlements.
Middle English: from Old French tourete, diminutive of tour 'tower'.
tower from Old English:
This comes ultimately from Greek via Latin and French tour. The phrase tower of strength is from a use in the Book of Common Prayer: ‘O Lord…be unto them a tower of strength’ and originally meant ‘a strong tower’. A turret (Middle English), in Old French tourete, is a little tower.
Words that rhyme with turretworrit
Definition of turret in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.