Definition of turtleneck in English:
1A high, close-fitting, turned-over collar on a garment, typically a shirt or sweater: [as modifier]: a turtleneck sweater
More example sentences
- He is sure this is about Buffy and he nearly fell off the desk when Riley pulled a gold ring out of the zippered pocket of the turtleneck sweater he wore.
- He was wearing a black, skin-tight turtleneck tee with a cream colored scarf wrapped around his neck.
- I changed into a pair of black jeans and a white turtleneck tee shirt.
1.1A shirt or sweater with a high, close-fitting, turned-over collar.
- But in reality, knitwear is so much more than that - it includes a wide array of pullovers, turtlenecks and cardigans, among other items.
- Cardigans, turtlenecks, sweatshirts with hoods and tapered shirts with snap-on collars also appear in the collection.
- Classical pieces like v necked sweaters and turtlenecks are timeless.
- Example sentences
- The nightclub owner and his turtlenecked thugs pose a danger.
- The consistently amazing quality of the band is their ability to color experimental music and noise with more candor and emotional sophistication than most turtlenecked troubadours.
- The Mayan usually caters to these turtlenecked poseurs who don't care about quality so much as they care about seeing something 'important'.
Words that rhyme with turtleneckhalterneck • leatherneck
Definition of turtleneck in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan