- A nozzle through which air is forced into a smelter, furnace, or forge.More example sentences
- In particular, tuyeres in the furnace became blocked with slag.
- The tuyère was just a hollow tube made of clay, but I sent it to the British Museum and they analysed it and said it was part of a Bronze Age furnace, the mouth of the bellows.
- For making steel castings a modification known as a Tropenas converter is used, in which the air impinges on the surface of the metal from side tuyeres instead of from the bottom.
late 18th century: French, from tuyau 'pipe'.
More definitions of tuyèreDefinition of tuyère in:
- The British & World English dictionary