Definition of tweeter in English:
1A loudspeaker designed to reproduce high frequencies.
- EX models add a cassette player, two tweeters, a rear-mounted sub woofer and a five-channel, 155-watt amp.
- Niles, SpeakerCraft, and others use directional tweeters and woofers that can be separately adjusted to compensate for imaging problems arising from the positioning drawbacks.
- For music lovers there are in-car entertainment systems including CD changers, amplifiers, woofers, speakers and tweeters in a mind-boggling range.
2A person who posts on the social media website Twitter.
- At the start of the year, the service had six million tweeters worldwide.
- There are over 14 million tweeters in the U. S. alone.
- A funny tweeter friend of mine recently got followed by comedian Charlie Higson.
Words that rhyme with tweeterAkita, Anita, arboreta, beater, beta, Bhagavadgita, cheater, cheetah, Demeter, Dieter, dolce vita, eater, eta, Evita, excreta, fetor, granita, greeter, heater, Juanita, litre (US liter), Lolita, maltreater, margarita, meter, metre, Peta, praetor (US pretor), repeater, Rita, saltpetre (US saltpeter), secretor, Senhorita, señorita, Sita, skeeter, teeter, terra incognita, theta, treater, ureter, veleta, zeta
Definition of tweeter in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.