- 1Two times; on two occasions: she had been married twice the tablets should be taken twice a dayMore example sentences
- He won twice at Darley Moor and on several occasions he has picked up the first novice award.
- He sits down only twice, and takes very occasional sips from a single glass of water.
- Arthur had also been telephoning Violet at least twice a week for over twelve months.
- 1.1Double in degree or quantity: I’m twice your age an engine twice as big as the originalMore example sentences
- If the average wage doubles, then we'll all have twice as much to spend on where we live.
- We are now testing degrees of engagement at a time when we have twice as many people on the books.
- She used to be an athlete and speaks twice as fast as I can write; she has a racing demon of a voice.
More definitions of twiceDefinition of twice in:
- The British & World English dictionary