Definition of twinflower in English:
A slender evergreen trailing plant of the honeysuckle family, with pairs of very small trumpet-shaped pink flowers in the leaf axils, native to coniferous woodlands in northern latitudes.
- Linnaea borealis, family Caprifoliaceae
- Many wildflowers in the habitat belong to the acanthus family, including branched foldwing, Carolina scalystem, Carolina wild petunia, loose-flower water willow, and swamp twinflower.
- Part way along there was an astonishing profusion of pinkish-white twinflowers alongside the trail.
- A floor of twinflowers and a maze of pathways leads to unsuspecting breathtaking areas.
Definition of twinflower in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia