An African waxbill with white-spotted black underparts, the male typically having a reddish face and breast.
- Hypargos and related genera, family Estrildidae: several species
More example sentences
- I searched the internet but couldn't find a date as to when the twinspots were protected.
- We have 7 species of robin, large flocks of crested guinea fowl, purple-crested lourie - the national bird, narina trogan and pink-throated and green twinspots among the special treats.
- The park's 200-odd bird species range from the iconic fish eagle to the jewel-like Peter's twinspots that hop tamely around the visitors’ centre.
Definition of twinspot in:
- The British & World English dictionary