- A plant of the lily family with bell-shaped flowers carried on bent or twisted stalks, native to the temperate regions of Russia and North America.
More example sentences
- Genus Streptopus, family Liliaceae: several species, including the rosy twisted-stalk (S. roseus), which grows in the coastal mountain regions from British Columbia to Oregon
- The main stems of the twisted-stalks, as the name implies, also have this zigzag appearance.
- Look for rose twisted-stalk in cool, shady places under deciduous trees such as maple, basswood, birch, and aspen.
- The red berries of the twisted-stalk also hang very distinctly beneath the leaves at the end of the same twisted-stalk.