- 1 Anatomy Of, relating to, or having a tympanum.More example sentences
- Impulses are conveyed via the glossopharyngeal nerve then via its tympanic branch to the tympanic plexus thence to the otic ganglion via the lesser superficial petrosal nerve.
- Another theory proposed that absence of the bony plate overlying the carotid adjacent to the tympanic cavity may enable expansion of the vessel into the middle ear.
- The persistent stapedial artery courses through the tympanic cavity, between the crura of the stapes and enters the facial canal distal to the geniculate ganglion.
More definitions of tympanicDefinition of tympanic in:
- The British & World English dictionary