Inflammation of the cecum.
- Fitz compared symptoms of 157 patients who died of ‘typhlitis’ with their autopsy findings, and in 1886, he coined the term appendicitis and urged the appendix's early removal, which was contrary to the habit of delaying surgery.
- Treatment of typhlitis with G-CSF has already been reported, and formal clinical trials are warranted.
- The reported incidence of typhlitis has depended on whether clinical signs or autopsy findings were used as criteria for diagnosis.
- Example sentences
- These would be mutually regulated and thus react beneficially on the typhlitic tendency.
- Especially is this true when it is a positive fact that all typhlitic and appendicular abscesses will open into the bowels if allowed to do so.
- Would the celebrated surgeons of half a century ago, who surely considered the opening of a typhlitic abscess as an heroic act, have admitted the possibility that a day will come when the normal parietal and visceral peritoneum could be exposed and manipulated with absolute impunity?
Definition of typhlitis in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.