- (Among the Jews) charitable giving, typically seen as a moral obligation.More example sentences
- While tzedakah is a Jewish obligation, it is not meant to be fulfilled in a rote or soulless way.
- For American Jews, confining tzedakah to Jewish causes cannot fulfill the Psalm's deeper meaning.
- Goldberg is doing Rothstein a favor by giving him the opportunity to perform the mitzvah of tzedakah, or charitable giving.
from Hebrew ṣĕḏāqāh 'righteousness'.
More definitions of tzedakahDefinition of tzedakah in:
- The British & World English dictionary