- A small four-stringed guitar of Hawaiian origin.More example sentences
- A great friend of mine bought his granny a ukulele: a four-stringed guitar.
- John also plays a mean harmonica, guitar, ukulele, tambourine, cymbals, as well as all the bells and whistles.
- Contemporary Hawaiian music is characterized by slack key guitar, ukulele, and themes particular to Hawaii such as Hawaiian sovereignty and native Hawaiian values.
late 19th century: from Hawaiian, literally 'jumping flea'.
More definitions of ukuleleDefinition of ukulele in:
- The British & World English dictionary