Definition of ulcer in English:
1An open sore on an external or internal surface of the body, caused by a break in the skin or mucous membrane that fails to heal.
- A common form of mouth ulcer, canker sores occur in women more often than in men.
- Painful skin ulcers with gangrenous margins may be a feature of mixed bacterial infections.
- Along with the external ulcer, the internal arterial lesion must be treated.
late Middle English: from Latin ulcus, ulcer-.
- Example sentences
- She has had an ulcered leg now for over 6 months.
- The existing leg became pink with blood flow, no longer ulcered, no longer had ischemic pain and was saved from amputation.
- Some of the targeted functions are cushioning, energy absorption, stiffness, adaptation to the foot sole, filling out empty spaces within the shoe and pressure relieve on the ulcered area.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan