1An open sore on an external or internal surface of the body, caused by a break in the skin or mucous membrane that fails to heal.
- A common form of mouth ulcer, canker sores occur in women more often than in men.
- Painful skin ulcers with gangrenous margins may be a feature of mixed bacterial infections.
- Along with the external ulcer, the internal arterial lesion must be treated.
- Example sentences
- She has had an ulcered leg now for over 6 months.
- The existing leg became pink with blood flow, no longer ulcered, no longer had ischemic pain and was saved from amputation.
- Some of the targeted functions are cushioning, energy absorption, stiffness, adaptation to the foot sole, filling out empty spaces within the shoe and pressure relieve on the ulcered area.
Late Middle English: from Latin ulcus, ulcer-.
Words that rhyme with ulcerpropulsor, Tulsa
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.