Definition of ultraism in English:
The holding of extreme opinions.
- In Spain this poetic school was called ‘ultraism’ in recognition of its overseas origin and also of its ultimate directions.
- By the late 1820s, rising public indignation in the North, called by some ‘ultraism, ‘strengthened antislavery sentiments.’
- And, as do many manifestos, ultraism embraced many other writers prior to the naming of this movement.
- Example sentences
- Despite popular opinion, the ultraists and young members of the Generation of '27 were late in arriving.
- Leroy Garrett treats those who believe in baptism as the ultraists by claiming that Alexander Campbell taught salvation by faith only.
- By this time, the ultraists, lead by Jorge Luis Borges, had become a major force the scene, and Girondo continued his own humorous exploration of the aesthetic in his second volume, Decals.
Definition of ultraism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan