Definition of ultrasaurus in English:
A late Jurassic dinosaur related to the brachiosaurus, known from only a few bones but probably the tallest animal ever, and possibly the heaviest at up to 130 tons.
- Genus Ultrasaurus, infraorder Sauropoda, order Saurischia
- Many of the sauropods are closely related and perhaps you are correct in thinking ultrasaurus is just a massive brachiosuar but this is doubtful.
- But scientists have taken a second look and surmise that ultrasaurus could be the remains of a huge brachiosaur and supersaurus mixed together.
- When I was about 5 I had a dinosaur book and there was a page with a silhouette drawing of a man standing beside an ultrasaurus leg.
Definition of ultrasaurus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan