Definition of ultrasaurus in English:
A late Jurassic dinosaur related to the brachiosaurus, known from only a few bones but probably the tallest animal ever, and possibly the heaviest at up to 130 tons.
- Genus Ultrasaurus, infraorder Sauropoda, order Saurischia
- Many of the sauropods are closely related and perhaps you are correct in thinking ultrasaurus is just a massive brachiosuar but this is doubtful.
- But scientists have taken a second look and surmise that ultrasaurus could be the remains of a huge brachiosaur and supersaurus mixed together.
- When I was about 5 I had a dinosaur book and there was a page with a silhouette drawing of a man standing beside an ultrasaurus leg.
Modern Latin, from Latin ultra 'beyond' + Greek sauros 'lizard'.
Definition of ultrasaurus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.