Of or involving sound waves with a frequency above the upper limit of human hearing.
More example sentences
- The team bombarded this liquid with sound waves tuned to ultrasonic frequencies that caused wide variations in pressure in the fluid.
- She successfully destroyed two dozen hostile ghosts with ultrasonic sound waves and laser grids.
- Others, like the tiger moth, hear the bat and emit a jamming signal in the ultrasonic frequency spectrum.
- More example sentences
- Instead, switches consisting of vials of water in which standing waves were excited ultrasonically were placed in the paths of the photons 1 and 2.
- The carbide/glass probe tip is ultrasonically actuated; measurement data are obtained by calculating the waveform changes that result from contact between the probe and the walls of the hole.
- The sample mounts were ultrasonically cleaned, dried, and coated with 250 Angstroms of carbon under a vacuum of 1 x [10.sup.5] tort.
Definition of ultrasonic in:
- The British & World English dictionary