Definition of ultrasonics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
1The science and application of ultrasonic waves.
- Thompson's research covers a wide range of NDE issues and methods, including ultrasonics, electromagnetics, material property measurements and flaw characterization.
- Its new technology system, known as Puma, combines a variety of condition monitoring and analysis systems, from radiography to ultrasonics, to gather empirical data and statistical information on the performance of such equipment.
- We're working with ultrasonics, which is like an echo locating bat.
1.1 [treated as singular or plural] Ultrasonic waves; ultrasound.
- The use of ultrasonics in medicine is also of growing importance.
- Wilkins initially studied the genetic effects of ultrasonics, but soon developed new types of microscopes and cameras with Ray Gosling, and achieved new images of the A form of the DNA molecule.
- She managed to shake off the dust, probably aided by ultrasonics or some kind of electrostatic charge, and soon was none the worse for her experience.
Definition of ultrasonics in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan