Definition of ultrastructure in English:
A fine structure, especially within a cell, that can be seen only with the high magnification obtainable with an electron microscope.
- The stages were used as a basis for transmission electron microscopy study on the ultrastructure of the cell wall during the process of primary and early secondary cell wall formation.
- Interpretation of the above results concerning HGK provides intriguing insight into the cell line ultrastructures.
- In patients with a defect of central microtubules, the ultrastructure, and thus the function, of nodal cilia would not be affected.
- Example sentences
- The results of histologic, immunohistochemical, ultrastructural, and EBV in situ hybridization studies are presented.
- These tumors are known to possess very different histologic, ultrastructural, histochemical, and immunohistochemical features.
- We also describe for the first time the ultrastructural and cytogenetic features of this tumor.
Definition of ultrastructure in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India