A fine structure, especially within a cell, that can be seen only with the high magnification obtainable with an electron microscope.
More example sentences
- The stages were used as a basis for transmission electron microscopy study on the ultrastructure of the cell wall during the process of primary and early secondary cell wall formation.
- Interpretation of the above results concerning HGK provides intriguing insight into the cell line ultrastructures.
- In patients with a defect of central microtubules, the ultrastructure, and thus the function, of nodal cilia would not be affected.
- More example sentences
- The results of histologic, immunohistochemical, ultrastructural, and EBV in situ hybridization studies are presented.
- These tumors are known to possess very different histologic, ultrastructural, histochemical, and immunohistochemical features.
- We also describe for the first time the ultrastructural and cytogenetic features of this tumor.
More definitions of ultrastructureDefinition of ultrastructure in:
- The British & World English dictionary