A plant of the parsley family.
More example sentences
- This is why it is important to have a good cross-section of indigenous plants that will host predators, such as umbellifers like fennel and dill that attract hoverfly larvae that eat aphids.
- The silphium plant, a sturdy umbellifer (though with some untypical features), was a regular Cyrenaic coin type for hundreds of years.
- The airy structure of umbellifers makes them uniquely beautiful in death.
- More example sentences
- Another way of accentuating the flavour is by adding a little of one of their umbelliferous relatives: celery leaves, fennel seeds, chervil, or parsley.
- Cumin seeds are an umbelliferous herb indigenous to Egypt.
- Those with strong antioxidant activity include garlic, soybeans, cabbage and umbelliferous vegetables, such as carrot and celery.
Definition of umbellifer in:
- The British & World English dictionary