Definition of umbrella tree in English:
Either of two small trees or shrubs with leaves or leaflets arranged in umbrellalike whorls.
- ● (also umbrella magnolia) A North American magnolia (Magnolia tripetala, family Magnoliaceae). ● An Australian plant that is widely grown elsewhere as a houseplant (Schefflera actinophylla, family Araliaceae).
- Tulip tree, American beech, sugar maple, umbrella tree, and cucumber tree dominate here.
- The poster-calendar features 24 of the most harmful environmental weeds, including wandering jew, camphor laurel, orange jessamine, umbrella tree, asparagus fern and morning glory.
- Moist woodland on the lower mountain slopes and extending down to streams that meander in the valleys contains tulip poplar, sweet gum, and umbrella tree (a magnolia).
Definition of umbrella tree in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan