- (Especially of a mathematical operation) consisting of or involving a single component or element.More example sentences
- In 1904 he gave axioms for a Boolean algebra, then later, in 1933, he showed that a Boolean algebra could be defined in terms of a single binary and a single unary operation.
- The Turing machines do unary multiplications.
- The unary representation of decimal 1,000,000 needs only one type of symbol, but that symbol is repeated a million times.
More definitions of unaryDefinition of unary in:
- The British & World English dictionary