Definition of unasked in English:
1(Of a question) not asked.
- Otherwise, this staging, full of padding and smart-aleck references, diffuses Wagner's musical power: it is an elemental drama gelded by unasked questions and a lack of ambition.
- The babies kept putting up their hands to answer unasked questions and when I'd call on one of them to answer they would yell out a random word or word related to something I'd said 10 minutes ago.
- Then there were the unasked questions about the Conservative priorities for tax cuts.
1.1 (often unasked for) Not sought or requested: unasked-for advice the memories he had poured unasked into her head
More example sentences
- But passion is born and though undesirable, unasked for, unnecessary like cancer, it takes root.
- There are miracles that happen every day, asked for and unasked for, deserved and undeserved.
Words that rhyme with unaskedadjunct
Definition of unasked in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.