Unable to be attacked, questioned, or defeated: an unassailable lead
More example sentences
- Dyson fired seven birdies for a six-under-par 65 that swept him into what proved an unassailable lead.
- Sim converted his own try, as well as Osborne's second, to secure what proved an unassailable lead for the home side.
- The game was won in the first half which saw The Island build up what proved to be an unassailable eight points lead.
secure, safe, strong, indestructible, indomitable
indisputable, undeniable, unquestionable, incontestable, incontrovertible, irrefutable, indubitable, watertight, sound, rock-solid, good, sure, manifest, patent, obvious
- Example sentences
- Such unassailability does not debar a society from great artistic achievement or charms of its own: great and marvelous civilizations have flourished without the slightest intellectual freedom.
- But with doubts about the Godolphin star, Montjeu has a look of unassailability in the betting market, and is likely to start at long odds on.
- After playing porously and leaving the Eagles trailing by 17-0 in the previous two games, Philadelphia's defense regained its familiar unassailability.
- Example sentences
- Life Insurance Corporation of India's outstanding claims ratio of 0.6 per cent, one of the world's lowest, has created an unassailably tough act for the new generation private life insurers to follow.
- She briefly and subtly allows the sheen of fairytale loveliness to diminish from the impression of her years with Vikram, though his devotion as the supportive yet independent husband of a star comes through unassailably.
- Wales becomes precisely what James was not: a man driven by an instinctual notion of right and wrong, fighting to avenge an unassailably atrocious deed.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.