Definition of unattached in English:
1Not working for or belonging to a particular body or organization.
- When his contract expired on 30 June, he was not only unattached to a club, but unaffiliated to the FA and ineligible to play for the national team.
- The English soccer team is the only one unattached to a nation state.
- Men were either unattached to the labor market, unemployed, or underemployed in part-time service sector jobs.
1.1Not married or having an established partner; single.
- As the unattached singleton with married mates there is a tendency to lament the demise of your once action-packed social life.
- Obviously, the Taj group of hotels, arranging the vacation doesn't consider unattached 20-somethings single; they still have time to be un-single on their own.
- But this one is about the bitter-sweet pangs and joys of being single and unattached!
Words that rhyme with unattachedsemi-detached, unhatched, unmatched
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.