Definition of unattached in English:
1Not working for or belonging to a particular body or organization.
- When his contract expired on 30 June, he was not only unattached to a club, but unaffiliated to the FA and ineligible to play for the national team.
- The English soccer team is the only one unattached to a nation state.
- Men were either unattached to the labor market, unemployed, or underemployed in part-time service sector jobs.
1.1Not married or having an established partner; single.
- As the unattached singleton with married mates there is a tendency to lament the demise of your once action-packed social life.
- Obviously, the Taj group of hotels, arranging the vacation doesn't consider unattached 20-somethings single; they still have time to be un-single on their own.
- But this one is about the bitter-sweet pangs and joys of being single and unattached!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan