Definition of unattractive in English:
1Not pleasing or appealing to look at.
- They sound fuzzy and unattractive; their songs simply aren't memorable.
- It was a most unattractive sound, and I had to speak to him quite sharply about it.
- The stunning singer admits she is shocked that men lust after her now she has grown up because she was overweight and unattractive as a teenager..
1.1Having no inviting or beneficial features: if the revised bid is unattractive, it may not be accepted
More example sentences
- The unattractive feature of this approach is that it will sometimes involve punishing the blameless.
- But Dublin also had a number of unattractive features that had the potential to turn away investors.
- This multiplication of entities is certainly seen by many physicists to be an unattractive feature of the theory.
- Example sentences
- The project would bring back to vibrant life 300 acres of brownfield land at the unattractively named Pithouse West site, which neighbours the borough's award-winning Rother Valley Country Park.
- But an hour and a half of loser superheroes gimping around in unattractively tight costumes is certainly transfixing even if it isn't entertainment.
- It grows to about 60 cm high, and is best raised annually from seed or cuttings as it soon starts to straggle and look unattractively untidy.
- Example sentences
- Guess we're all confined to unattractiveness and those dreadful 1950s thick rimmed spectacles that according to stereotype all academically sound people wear.
- Each started her career riffing on the fact that her brand of unattractiveness made people uncomfortable.
- Thus, the benefits of mass appeal and electioneering competence are minimized, and so are the penalties of unattractiveness and incompetence.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.