Definition of unauthentic in English:
Not made or done in a way that reflects tradition or faithfully resembles an original.
- However, some people have invented some special rituals or practices in this month, which are not supported by reliable resources of the Shari'ah or are based on some unauthentic traditions.
- He wrote that the fascination of sexuality in a negative form has long been a feature of Christianity and that the crucifix had been rendered unauthentic by this negative sexual mindset.
- When we got the first hint that there might be something unauthentic about this story or the reporter's background, we went to general quarters and investigated.
- Example sentences
- The picture has been unauthentically used by many Vietnamese politicians to incite hatred against the French and those Vietnamese who worked for the colonial administration.
- So we are wary of portraying ourselves unauthentically as well.
- Many without religious or nationalistic tendencies live unauthentically and immorally… bigotry in particular is common to all, and I see a lot of it here.
Definition of unauthentic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan