Definition of unauthentic in English:
Not made or done in a way that reflects tradition or faithfully resembles an original.
- However, some people have invented some special rituals or practices in this month, which are not supported by reliable resources of the Shari'ah or are based on some unauthentic traditions.
- He wrote that the fascination of sexuality in a negative form has long been a feature of Christianity and that the crucifix had been rendered unauthentic by this negative sexual mindset.
- When we got the first hint that there might be something unauthentic about this story or the reporter's background, we went to general quarters and investigated.
- Example sentences
- The picture has been unauthentically used by many Vietnamese politicians to incite hatred against the French and those Vietnamese who worked for the colonial administration.
- So we are wary of portraying ourselves unauthentically as well.
- Many without religious or nationalistic tendencies live unauthentically and immorally… bigotry in particular is common to all, and I see a lot of it here.
Definition of unauthentic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.