Not able to be endured or tolerated: the heat was getting unbearable
More example sentences
- She never thought she would be able to come to terms with the unbearable grief.
- It was an unbearable scene to see truckloads of human bodies being carried out.
- Today's lifestyle police would have us believe that it is unbearable because of these two diversions.
- More example sentences
- A lone violin could be heard, reaching the point of emotional unbearableness with mournful vibratoes and sorrowful strokes.
- The general unbearableness of one-leggedness combined with sock uncertainty soon warped Wilf's feeble mind.
- And then what justifies death is the unbearableness of the pain rather than the painfulness.
- [as submodifier]: it was unbearably hotMore example sentences
- It's too hot to wear earplugs, and unbearably uncomfortable if your entire body is covered by the sarong, including your head.
- The stones were almost unbearably hot at first, but the intense heat felt good on my skin, like sunshine, and they quickly became cool.
- Neoprene waders can be picked up at a reasonable price, but tend to be cumbersome to wear, and in milder weather become unbearably hot.