Definition of unburned in English:
1.1(Of energy sources) not used or consumed: unburned calories
More example sentences
- The engine can achieve maximum rate acceleration under load without spewing clouds of black smoke (unburned fuel) from the exhaust.
- Research suggests that unburnt rocket fuel from space launches could contribute to a rise in various diseases in nearby populations.
- The problem is not so much the 5,000-pound satellite, but the 1,000 pound of unburned fuel which could cover 200 yards.
1.2(Especially of bricks) not exposed to heat in a kiln.
- Buildings were made with hewn stone (until then only unburnt bricks were used)
- The extensive use of the unburned brick is necessitated by the difficulty of obtaining fuel, and various methods are adopted to reduce the number of burned brick required in construction.
Definition of unburned in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan