- 1Not damaged or destroyed by fire.More example sentences
- According to various accounts, 5 to 7 houses remained unburned.
- The hotel was totally destroyed, hardly a fragment of woodwork in the entire building remaining unburned.
- He has been having skin grafts from unburnt skin on his abdomen.
- 1.1(Of energy sources) not used or consumed: unburned caloriesMore example sentences
- The engine can achieve maximum rate acceleration under load without spewing clouds of black smoke (unburned fuel) from the exhaust.
- Research suggests that unburnt rocket fuel from space launches could contribute to a rise in various diseases in nearby populations.
- The problem is not so much the 5,000-pound satellite, but the 1,000 pound of unburned fuel which could cover 200 yards.
- 1.2(Especially of bricks) not exposed to heat in a kiln.More example sentences
- Buildings were made with hewn stone (until then only unburnt bricks were used)
- The extensive use of the unburned brick is necessitated by the difficulty of obtaining fuel, and various methods are adopted to reduce the number of burned brick required in construction.
More definitions of unburnedDefinition of unburned in:
- The British & World English dictionary