Definition of uncalled in English:
1Not summoned or invited.
- Jade, her eyes clouded by sudden and uncalled memories, said, ‘I used to have a sister two years younger than me.’
- Mr. Hutchings did not himself give evidence, and so I think that I should disregard the evidence of Mr. Hendy where it depended upon the uncalled evidence of Mr. Hutchings.
- The JAP project inserted itself, uncalled, into the turbulent confluence between natural law and state regulation, and signaled its allegiance to the former.
1.1 (uncalled for) (Especially of a person’s behavior) undesirable and unnecessary: uncalled-for remarks
More example sentences
- If true such behaviour was uncalled for but it neither excused Zidane's retaliation nor is likely to have surprised Everton fans.
- Rudeness is uncalled for and very hard to deal with from people that you don't even know.
- Heaping blame on each other between the police and the Lusaka City Council over the issue of the Lusaka street vendors is uncalled for and totally unnecessary.