- The principle that the momentum and position of a particle cannot both be precisely determined at the same time.More example sentences
- Subject to the limitations of the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, the advancement of atomic physics and quantum physics allowed increasingly accurate descriptions of complex atoms.
- It turns out to be a basic consequence of the two basic principles of quantum theory, the uncertainty principle and the superposition principle.
- In addition, the uncertainty principle of quantum mechanics prevents speculation on times shorter than 10-43 seconds after the big bang.
More definitions of uncertainty principleDefinition of uncertainty principle in:
- The British & World English dictionary