Definition of unchaste in English:
Relating to or engaging in sexual activity, especially of an illicit or extramarital nature: unchaste subjects in art
More example sentences
- This is Athens, the city that gave man marriage ‘by which the unchaste nature of the female was at last governed.’
- Their love of sumptuous clothes is simultaneously the inspiration for and the evidence of their ‘wanton, lewd, and unchaste behavior’.
- In one polemic after another Islamist writers contrast the virtuous Muslim woman with her Western or Westernized counterpart - naked, unchaste, and corrupt, a potent source of fitna or strife.
- Example sentences
- So the King soon knew what Ulfeldt described as glaringly bad in the letter from Dover: that our children in Rome are shouting unchastely for money.
- There are people within the Catholic Church who might argue that those who label themselves ‘gay’ or ‘lesbian’ aren't necessarily living unchastely.
- The Duke's power over Sylvia and lack of concern for her wishes means that she must live unhappily or behave unchastely.
- Example sentences
- More specifically, chapter one examines how a new language of gallantry competed with older Christian perceptions of adultery as a sinful unchastity requiring public policing.
- The topics addressed are swearing, falling from God, an exhortation against the fear of death, obedience to earthly rulers, adultery and unchastity, and contention and brawling.
- Nay, but they say that the precious metals foster all manner of vice, such as the seduction of women, adultery, and unchastity, in short, crimes of violence against the person.
Definition of unchaste in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan