Definition of unchristian in English:
1Not professing Christianity or its teachings.
- There are decidedly unchristian aspects such as reincarnation (of the elves) and the ancestor worship many of the characters indulge in.
- ‘The church must repudiate once and for all the unchristian formula of male superiority-female inferiority,’ wrote Sheila D. Collins.
- Given the struggles of parents in a society whose manners and morals are largely unchristian, which was the case in the late fourth century as it is now, this severity seems excessive.
- Example sentences
- He flayed the killers of the minister stressing further that Ige must not be mourned in an unchristianly manner.
- I could have sworn you threw me a dirty look as you passed me, which then caused me to act very unchristianly later down the road.
- But Francine unchristianly snubs viewers on her corner and contemplates the wall.
Definition of unchristian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan