- Having a hooked shape.More example sentences
- The rounded bundle known as the uncinate fasciculus is named for its hooklike configuration as it curves beneath the stem of the lateral sulcus to connect areas of cortex in the lower frontal and anterior temporal regions.
- Most cancers arise in the head, neck, or uncinate process of the pancreas and may compress the common bile duct.
- With pneumatisation, it extends to the frontal recess superiorly and is bounded by the frontal process of the maxilla anterolaterally, the uncinate process inferomedially, and the lacrimal bone inferolaterally.
mid 18th century: from Latin uncinatus, from uncinus 'hook'.
More definitions of uncinateDefinition of uncinate in:
- The British & World English dictionary