Definition of uncleared in English:
1Not having been cleared or cleared up, in particular.
- By the 11th century, uncleared debris and garbage had raised the level of Rome's streets by as much as 20 feet.
- Furthermore, our aim is to determine how females would appear on a cleared versus an uncleared court.
- This seduction has become a creed among uncleared, anti-secrecy proponents.
1.1(Of a check) not having passed through a clearinghouse and been paid into the payee’s account.
- Even though they may appear immediately on your statement, you may incur interest charges and fees if you draw against uncleared cheques.
- It was supposed to be paid at the beginning of the month, but uncleared cheques meant that it turned up in my inbox several days later - unpaid.
- It can become a holder for value by permitting its customer to draw against an uncleared cheque.
1.2(Of land) not cleared of vegetation before cultivation.
- In 1910 my grandfather moved, with his parents, from rural England to rural Western Australia, where they purchased an area of uncleared land near the wheatbelt town of Wickepin.
- I was fortunate to grow up on the Swan Coastal Plain, near Perth, in the forties and fifties when much of the land was still uncleared.
- If uncleared land is valued less than cleared land (for rating or taxing purposes), there is some incentive to preserve vegetation.
Definition of uncleared in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.