- 1Release (a clenched part of the body): slowly she unclenched her fistMore example sentences
- Jason's father asked slowly, clenching and unclenching his fists.
- Nat watched as his father slowly clenched and unclenched his fists.
- He unclenched his fist slowly, and stared at the paper in his hand.
- 1.1 [no object] Relax from a clenched state.More example sentences
- Jo saw his jaw clenching and unclenching.
- He could see the way her jaw clenched and unclenched as she fought to hold back whatever words had risen in her throat.
- I could see Mr. Royston's jaw clench and unclench before he answered.
More definitions of unclenchDefinition of unclench in:
- The British & World English dictionary