Definition of unclench in English:
1Release (a clenched part of the body): slowly she unclenched her fist
More example sentences
- Jason's father asked slowly, clenching and unclenching his fists.
- Nat watched as his father slowly clenched and unclenched his fists.
- He unclenched his fist slowly, and stared at the paper in his hand.
1.1 [no object] Relax from a clenched state.
- Jo saw his jaw clenching and unclenching.
- He could see the way her jaw clenched and unclenched as she fought to hold back whatever words had risen in her throat.
- I could see Mr. Royston's jaw clench and unclench before he answered.
Definition of unclench in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.