Definition of unclimbed in English:
(Of a mountain or rock face) not previously climbed: the unclimbed south ridge
More example sentences
- Earlier this year, he was one of a group of mountaineers who climbed 15 previously unclimbed peaks in Greenland.
- I want to sail across the Pacific, I want to climb an unclimbed mountain in South America.
- Based on a true story, it recalls how two ambitious mountaineers set out to conquer a previously unclimbed peak in the Peruvian Andes in 1985.
- Example sentences
- The Obsidian Wall is unclimbable at the moment as it is currently an 80 foot waterfall.
- I drove by Coopertown's playground last summer and noticed that things haven't changed - same fields, same swings, same maddeningly unclimbable oak - except for the kids.
- In her Traver installation, an unclimbable staircase led to an unopenable door in a black-painted room, with perhaps bleak implications.
Definition of unclimbed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan