Definition of uncompromising in English:
1Showing an unwillingness to make concessions to others, especially by changing one’s ways or opinions.
- Levein's opinions, honest and uncompromising, have been a hallmark of his reign.
- Common to both was Hearts being uncompromising and unwilling simply to allow Celtic to dictate.
- The Reagan doctrine was an uncompromising policy to win a global struggle between good and evil.
1.1Harsh or relentless: the uncompromising ugliness of her home
More example sentences
- Caroline Hunt's production is tough, uncompromising and honed to muscled perfection.
- I will be as harsh as truth, and as uncompromising as justice.
- In addition to the reduced financial benefits, players exist in one of the most gruelling, physically uncompromising leagues.
- Example sentences
- You are deemed a supremely honest left voice writing in this country's leading liberal newspaper, and you clearly view yourself as uncompromisingly honest.
- The etymology is uncompromisingly straightforward.
- Cathy Jamieson's old schoolteacher would probably wince at the tortured sentence just delivered in an uncompromisingly broad Ayrshire accent by Scotland's embattled education minister.
- Example sentences
- The cricketer replies that both have a quality of ‘uncompromisingness, facing the facts, not turning one's face away, not giving up’.
- Statistical evaluation of uncompromisingness of climate regions in 0.5 km squares is presented.
- It is in the uncompromisingness with which dogma is held and not in the dogma or want of dogma that the danger lies.
Words that rhyme with uncompromisingself-aggrandizing
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan