Definition of unconformity in English:
1A surface of contact between two groups of unconformable strata.
- First, there are no late Cambrian rocks in many areas: they are represented by unconformities.
- Both overlie a pronounced angular unconformity and both are predominantly fluvial deposits.
- That unconformity is overlain by sandstones of the Puentelles Formation, dated as late Kasimovian based on its fossil flora.
1.1The condition of being unconformable.
- You still get men wearing hats now but it's almost a sign of unconformity for a young man to wear a hat apart from baseball hats.
Definition of unconformity in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.