Definition of unconsolable in English:
- We all remembered the way the last one started - that alien-green sky alive with tracer fire, gauzy detonations, muffled thumps, unconsolable sirens.
- Now even at that tender age, I must have has a pretty strong sense of my manhood (after all girls were all horrible and silly), and was pretty much unconsolable for a good 10 minutes.
- When she had these outbursts, she was unconsolable.
- Example sentences
- The fact that, after seeing the trailer, I thought that the shark ate everyone, and was unconsolably disappointed is of no importance whatever.
- He became a little sleepy, and hence a little fussy, toward the end, but never unconsolably so.
- The remainder of that week was absolutely horrible with calls from the school nurse that my daughter was crying unconsolably and complaining of a stomach ache.
Definition of unconsolable in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan