Definition of undecipherable in English:
(Of speech or writing) not able to be read or understood.
- On the intercom she recognized Landon's voice and immediately understood he was extremely inebriated to the point where his speech was undecipherable.
- At first glance, the streets are ablaze with colors strewn across an endless canvas of neon signs with undecipherable writing.
- My aunts will ramble on and on in Chinese (and they have their own undecipherable dialect).
- Example sentences
- It contained ten undeciphered characters, each 13 inches high.
- Tiles or seals have been found depicting an as yet undeciphered script and religious symbols of various kinds.
- The past in fact remains unreadable, undeciphered; determined by the present, it cannot determine it.
Definition of undecipherable in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan