Definition of undeclared in English:
1Not publicly announced, admitted, or acknowledged: his undeclared candidacy, which surged in the polls last spring
More example sentences
- He took no notice, having quickly come to realise that such near-death experiences were a daily occurrence in central London, where car drivers and cyclists lived in a permanent state of undeclared war.
- Now the war is undeclared, but in the future it may come.
- And although it's known that the county lost men in the undeclared wars after that, it's not clear how many.
1.1(Especially of taxable income or dutiable goods) not declared.
- The IRS is also cranky about undeclared income.
- The Revenue has given individuals, who put undeclared income in insurance products to come forward and make a voluntary settlement within the next six weeks.
- If that happened today, the money would have to be declared as a gift and she would have been charged interest and penalties for her undeclared income over the years.
Definition of undeclared in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India