1Not publicly announced, admitted, or acknowledged: his undeclared candidacy, which surged in the polls last spring
More example sentences
- He took no notice, having quickly come to realise that such near-death experiences were a daily occurrence in central London, where car drivers and cyclists lived in a permanent state of undeclared war.
- Now the war is undeclared, but in the future it may come.
- And although it's known that the county lost men in the undeclared wars after that, it's not clear how many.
1.1(Especially of taxable income or dutiable goods) not declared.
- The IRS is also cranky about undeclared income.
- The Revenue has given individuals, who put undeclared income in insurance products to come forward and make a voluntary settlement within the next six weeks.
- If that happened today, the money would have to be declared as a gift and she would have been charged interest and penalties for her undeclared income over the years.
Words that rhyme with undeclaredBaird, hearing-impaired, laird, underprepared, unimpaired, unpaired, unprepared, unshared
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of undeclared in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.