Definition of undemocratic in English:
Not relating or according to democratic principles: an undemocratic regime
More example sentences
- It's not just the fact that they're unelected that makes it undemocratic, but the way they are put there.
- The move was denounced by human rights organisations as racist, undemocratic and discriminatory.
- This divide and rule policy has been as crudely mercenary as it has been undemocratic.
- Example sentences
- Party militants who have resisted these policies have been undemocratically repressed and expelled.
- They had controlled the unions undemocratically.
- It had imposed artificial boundaries, undemocratically imposed rulers, and divided people who spoke the same language from one another.
Definition of undemocratic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.