Definition of undemocratic in English:
Not relating or according to democratic principles: an undemocratic regime
More example sentences
- It's not just the fact that they're unelected that makes it undemocratic, but the way they are put there.
- The move was denounced by human rights organisations as racist, undemocratic and discriminatory.
- This divide and rule policy has been as crudely mercenary as it has been undemocratic.
- Example sentences
- Party militants who have resisted these policies have been undemocratically repressed and expelled.
- They had controlled the unions undemocratically.
- It had imposed artificial boundaries, undemocratically imposed rulers, and divided people who spoke the same language from one another.
Definition of undemocratic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan