adjective & adverb
- another term for underhand ( sense 2).More example sentences
- And it wasn't some nice, looping, underarm throw that would have guaranteed the bottle would land safely in Drifter's hands, either.
- He throws from a slightly underarm angle, but his pitches can reach 93 mph, an unusually high velocity for pitchers with that type of delivery.
- Ii'S clear from the history of cricket that bowling has gone through an evolution from underarm bowling to overarm bowling.
nounBack to top
- A person’s armpit: [as modifier]: use an underarm deodorantMore example sentences
- The vogue extends to male triathletes, who wax their legs, underarms and chest to feel more streamlined.
- The therapist brushes your body briskly, back and front, concentrating on ankles, backs of knees, underarms and neck: areas where lymph nodes are densely packed.
- If you have dry or sensitive skin, use soap only on your face, underarms, and hands and feet.