noun (plural underbodies)
- The underside of a road vehicle, ship, or animal’s body.More example sentences
- The final element that contributes to improved handling and grip is the downforce - using the underbody of the vehicle to facilitate airflow and ‘stick’ the car to the tarmac.
- A stay and crossmember were added to the underbody.
- The underbody is flat with venturi tunnels, a front air splitter and rear diffusers, and the carbon-fibre rear wing is an option that provides some downforce at high speed.
More definitions of underbodyDefinition of underbody in:
- The British & World English dictionary